I never thought I would be a Life Coach.
I’ve been a writer for years. My love of the written word led me to my recent career as a content marketer and copywriter. While I’m still a writing consultant, my true passion is life coaching. There is something so rewarding about knowing you’ve brought someone happiness and guiding them towards the answers that will help them move forward in a positive way.
My journey to being a life coach began after a motivational talk I gave on Periscope. I was able to help people work out a few of the things holding them back from true abundance in their life by using my experience of dealing with those issues years ago. Hearing them tell me how much I helped them filled me with joy and a renewed purpose for my life from that moment on. Once I began researching what’s involved in the art of life coaching, I saw a vast number of people struggling with mental blocks and with the problem of not knowing where to turn for help.
One of the life coaching principles I learned while working towards my certification was this: We Recreate Until We Resolve.
It’s the job of the life coach to help people stop the cycle of bad habits they’re on by digging deep to the source of their habits to resolve the issue. Life coaches strive to show their clients how to dance in the mystery of the moment.
As your creative life coach, I will guide you out of a place of judgment back to a place of acceptance and love.
Back to the place you once lived as a child.
So, are you ready to work with me?
- I grew up in Jamaica and moved to America when I was 16 years old.
- I love dark chocolate.
- Whenever I need to get into my creative writing mode, I watch The Lord of the Rings trilogy or the Hobbit trilogy. Something about hobbits, dwarves, and the fight for Middle Earth inspires me. J.R.R Tolkien is one of the best authors of all time.
- I automatically edit people in my head when they talk or write. I can’t help it. My friends have learned to accept this eccentricity of my personality.
- I’m a voracious reader of fiction. I can read a novel in three hours. Seriously. I timed myself once.
- I originally wanted to be an actress after watching Katie Holmes act on Dawson’s Creek. I know. Feel free to laugh at me for a moment….done? Okay, moving on. I dabbled in acting all the way through college, but I couldn’t silence the characters and stories waiting to be written in my head. My mother suggested I try writing instead of acting. I stepped off the stage, picked up my pen, and I’ve been writing ever since. True story.
- I love motivational quotes. I write daily quotes on the dry erase board in my room, have a ‘motivational quote of the week’ as my voicemail greeting, and try to incorporate a quote in every content project I do.
READY TO START UPROOTING THE FEARS HOLDING YOU BACK?